BOTTLE RECOVERY PROGRAM
Building my business is exciting, don't get me wrong. Along with the excitement, however, I feel a strong sense of responsibility. I'm anxious about the impact that operating my business is having and will continue to have on our planet. Listen, I know I'm not going to do everything perfectly in my business. I am, however, always working toward a vision.
One of my priorities, as I build my Etsy shop, is to offer you quality products that I can endorse. I want you to feel confident that the products I sell will give you consistent, reliable results.
I stand behind the products I sell. The thing about them that often pricks my conscience, however, is their packaging. Some of the items in my Etsy shop come in single use plastic packaging. I hate to think I am contributing, even on a relatively small scale, to the the monumental and ever-increasing piles of plastic waste on our planet.
"Bottle Recovery" is my answer to this. It's a pilot program that I hope will allow me to sell you the products we both love in a more planet-friendly, conscientious way.
Here's how it works:
1. Every time you purchase inks from my store in quantities of three or more, I will tuck a compostable pre-addressed mailer envelope in with your shipment.
2. When your ink bottles are empty, ship them back to me in the return mailing envelope via USPS First Class Mail. (If you have any empty bottles that you didn’t purchase from me, you may also include them in the envelope. I accept both plastic and glass bottles. They must hold .5 oz. to 1 oz. of liquid, have a leak-proof cap, and they must arrive at my address unbroken. If you are concerned that any of your bottles may break, please cushion them with newsprint or something similar.)
3. After you ship your empty bottles, mail a copy or photo of your shipping receipt to me at email@example.com. Make sure everything in the copy you send me is legible.
4. When I receive your empty bottles, I will issue a credit to you in my Etsy shop for the amount you paid for shipping plus .15 cents per bottle. I will issue .15 cents for every bottle you send, not just the bottles you purchased in my store.
5. I will reuse your empty bottles for a line of handcrafted natural inks that I am currently developing.
Bottle Recovery is my small way of keeping plastic and glass bottles in circulation and out of the landfills. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to contact me through my Etsy shop or the email address I’ve provided.
Pretty simple, right? If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.